Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wisdom Teeth who needs them?

So yesterday I got my one wisdom tooth pulled. I wonder why we even have those things. Luckily I only have one. But it was compacted.  Thankfully all went well with the surgery,  and thank goodness for the drugs to be knocked out. I couldn't imagine having to be awake for that.  I have taken a few Vicatin on and off and now I am solely on advil. It is killing me to take it easy and not clean my house. But yesterday I didn't do much at all and my mouth started to bleed so I don't want that again. I am dying with these stitches  in my mouth. I feel as if there is a ton of them.  I hate to feel anything foreign in my mouth. And the diet yuck. Yogurt, pudding, cream soup, or jello. Oh well thats life. Maybe I'll lose a few lbs.  I am praying for no dry sockets, whatever that is, I hear it's pretty painful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that was nice it was only 1... I only had 3 and i didnt get the twilight treatment... Mathew had 4 and it happened 2 years ago... It was rough... espicially the older you get... good thing you did them while you are still young...
Korie

Colleen said...

I hope your mouth heals quickly. When I had my wisdom tooth pulled, I was awake. It wasn't so bad, but I was really nervous to get it done. I told Jeff that I was more nervous to get my wisdom tooth pulled than I had been to give birth. Isn't that crazy? Jeff just laughed at me. He got his pulled beofre his mission & then had to take a bus home because his mom was at work!
If you get too bored with the diet, just put your food in the blender. I got enchilada soup from Chili's & put it in the blender - that took all of the chunks out of it. It was actually quite tasty that way. I hope you feel better soon. Try to relax - I know that's almost impossible for you to do - but you'll get feeling better a whole lot faster!

austin and cherisse said...

Yummy! Sounds like fun...yea you dont want dry sockets so be careful. At least its only one I had all four compacted. I lost 10 pounds is 5 days....not reccommended I was so sick. Hope you are feeling better. How about I come by for a playday tommorrow then! What time?!

Caroline Haring said...

Ouch. That sounds like pure torture. The only upside is that you probably lost a little weight with a jello diet. Don't worry about your house, mine looks way worse!